Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Favorite Actresses: Kim Novak





Suppose a man came up to you and offered you a job. That particular job involved following his wife around town for a certain length of time, to see where she goes, what she does among other things. Plus this man is your friend (or so you thought). What are you supposed to think? What would you do?

I don't know about you, but if I received from this proposition from Kim Novak's husband, I would gladly accept it.

Alfred Hitchcock had fun repeating the scene in which Kim Novak jumps into the water over and over again, while James Stewart was following and watching her in the distance. The shoot was good a long time before, but Alfred Hitchcock insisted in repeating it many times after just for fun.

Scottie: What's this doohickey?
Midge: It's a brassiere! You know about those things, you're a big boy now.
Scottie: I've never run across one like that.
Midge: It's brand new. Revolutionary up-lift: No shoulder straps, no back straps, but it does everything a brassiere should do. Works on the principle of the cantilevered bridge.
Scottie: It does?
Midge: An aircraft engineer down the peninsula designed it; he worked it out in his spare time.
Scottie: Kind of a hobby, a do-it-yourself kind of thing!

Yep, I'm a big boy now. Back in the day, I was a cub. But now I'm a fully-grown Bengal Tiger whose looking for a mate. See! I told you women liked my eyes.

Madeleine: "Here I was born, and there I died. It was only a moment for you; you took no notice."

Scottie: "You shouldn't keep souvenirs of a killing. You shouldn't have been that sentimental."

I wish I had been that sentimental!

Scottie: Anyone could become obsessed with the past with a background like that!

He has a point!

Scottie: We stood there and I kissed her for the last time, and she said, 'If you lose me you'll know that I loved you and wanted to keep on loving you.' And I said, 'I won't lose you.' But I did.

I just might have loss her, but I won't give up hope...not yet anyways.

Scottie: One final thing I have to do... and then I'll be free of the past.

No comments: