Sunday, June 8, 2008

Settling In

Blogger's Note: All this week, I will be blogging about my trip to Franklin County, Tennessee which occurred from May 29-31. Come back often this week for more exciting reads and feel free to leave a comment.

(part 2 in a series)

I arrived in Tullahoma around 10:30 CST road weary (actually mostly weary from being up all night), but still functioning enough to haul my luggage and what have you into my brother's house. Joey is the public relations officer at Arnold Air Force Base which is primarily a flight stimulation center and technology development/testing facility.

I took my shower, grabbed a quick bite to eat and then attempted to get some sleep which was going to be much needed in order to look halfway decent for my appearance at the Franklin County High School graduation ceremonies which was at 7:30 that evening.

I slept decent which would also describe my mode of sleep over the previous month. I sleep like a baby during the cold, dark winter months, but when it is daylight and warmer, sleep can be a challenge at times especially when you work the crazy hours I do.

I woke up around 2 that afternoon and proceeded on with my "day". I cleaned up, put on my dress clothes and headed out towards Highway 41 (US Alternate 41) south towards Winchester, the hometown of Dinah Shore. As you head into the northern part of Franklin County, you take a "leisurely drive" through Estill Springs which has a drive-in theater called Montana Drive-In owned by Ray, Beth and Montana Rhoton. Beth is the Winchester City Administrator. They also own the Oldham "On The Square" in Winchester, Capri in Shelbyville and Sewanee Union Theater. Hopefully, some of my movies will be showing there as making movies was my original plan in life and I'm getting back to my first love slowly, but surely.

No comments: