Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Day On The Square

Blogger's Note: All this week, I will be blogging about my trip to Franklin County, Tennessee which occurred from May 29-31. Come back often this week for more exciting reads and feel free to leave a comment.

(part 5 in a series)

After sleeping around nine hours, I woke up refreshed on Friday morning and looking forward to my day.

I ate some breakfast, then left the house around 10. I headed down the highway to Winchester. It takes approximately 30 minutes to get there. I walked around the square and took some pictures.






I stopped by to have a brief talk with Franklin County Mayor Richard Stewart and Winchester City Administrator Beth Rhoton.

Around 11:30 or so, I was about ready for lunch. So I headed down to Skip's Grill. I've eaten there a few times before and I can vouch for their simple, down-home cooking. I ordered some flounder, green beans, pinto beans and mashed potatoes as well as their chocolate cake. It cost around $8.

After about an hour there, I headed southbound on David Crockett Highway (yes, David, not Davy) towards Huntland.

No comments: