Saturday, June 14, 2008

Incident with the Trail Mix

Blogger's Note: All this week, I will be blogging about my trip to Franklin County, Tennessee which occurred from May 29-31. Come back often this week for more exciting reads and feel free to leave a comment.

(part 9 in a series)

Belle at about two weeks old

On Saturday, after sleeping well the night before, I basically spent the day packing up and being on the computer, checking email and what not. I googled directions to Charlotte, North Carolina where I was planning to drive to on the following Tuesday for a job fair that the Carolina Panthers were having. I wasn't hired for what I applied for, but at least I was able to interview. This is the closet yet in my attempts to get on with an NFL team. Surely something will break sooner or later.

Around 1 in the afternoon, I walked into the kitchen and realized that the trail mix I had bought at the Swiss Pantry was not on the table. Then I saw that Belle, my brother's 2 1/2 year old puggle had jumped up on the table and started eating (devouring it). There isn't anything she won't put her mouth on at least once. One time, a ex-girlfriend of Joey's, Rachel had made the mistake of leaving Belle in the car alone with food sometime last fall. Belle broke out of her cage and went straight for the pumpkin pie. Rachel wasn't gone for more than 10 or 20 minutes, but it was too late. She had consumed the entire contents.

Not more than two minutes after this incident with the trail mix, Joey pulls in and I told him what she did. He asked me how much she ate because "there was a lot of it in there". I told him, "Well, there isn't much left."


I left around 2 CST and headed up the highway through Manchester, Smithville and some other small towns on my way to the I-40 connector. I made it home around 6 EST. So that basically wrapped up my trip. Then it was back to life as usual.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

It's so difficult to eat in front of Maddie because she wants to at least attempt to eat anything you possess. Then she looks at you with those sad drooping puppy eyes. Damn those dogs for being so cute!