Thursday, October 9, 2008

Election Season Is Like Being Abused

Some articles in recent weeks have made an issue that many Democrats are not voting for Barack Obama because he is black and a number of women are voting for the McCain-Palin ticket because the vice presidential candidate is a woman. Much in the same way most blacks vote for democrats because Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton tells them to. So, what about you? Are you voting Democrat because your grandparents who have been dead for 40 years were Democrat party officials? Are you voting for McCain because he was one of many POWs although he tries to make it sound as if he were a unique case.

I would like to think Americans are more robust in their choices, but when George W. Bush was elected for a second term, I wondered. Despite all the nonsense and abuse we take from the Democrat and Republican parties (Republicrats), the majority of people still vote for them. Talk about Battered Person Syndrome.

For the record, I'm voting for Chuck Baldwin.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Even if there are people out there voting for a particular party just because their family is, I don't think they would admit it out loud. There are hate accusations thrown left and right. If I'm voting for McCain then I'm presumed a racist. If I'm voting for Obama then I'm presumed to be sexist...of course that would make even more sense if I were male. I honestly haven't heard any personal remarks from others about not voting for Obama because he is black. However, when my Grampa was watching the RNC and Palin was speaking he said, "She needs to get back in the damn kitchen is what she needs to do." I just grinned and walked away.

Chris F. said...

Well, blacks can just as easily be racist and women can just as easily be sexist. It is just not politically correct to acknowledge that because they are portrayed as the victims and society always needs victims whether it be real or perceived. After all, who is going to rescue them? White men.

The real problem is that whenever the government gets involved, it either creates problems or makes them worse. Human nature can't change. Therefore, it is foolish to think that just passing another law is going to make the world a perfect place. It never has been and never will be.