Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What would have been proper on Joan's Birthday


Now don't get me wrong, I was glad that Turner Classic Movies (TCM) played Suspicion on Joan Fontaine's Birthday. But if I was calling the shots (why I never get to call the shots I don't know. Do I lack ambition?), I would have had an all-day tribute to Joan. The movies I would have liked to have seen assuming twelve movies are aired during their regular programming day would be the following:

The Women (1939)
Rebecca (1940)
Suspicion (1941)
This Above All (1942)
The Constant Nymph (1943*)
Jane Eyre (1944)
Frenchman's Creek (1944)
From This Day Forward (1946)
Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948)
Born to Be Bad (1950)
Island In The Sun (1957)
The Witches (1966)

*As much as I would like to see the Constant Nymph, it is my understanding it has been tied up with copyright disputes, so whether we will ever actually get to see this is very unlikely.

No comments: