Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Kim Novak!

Today is Kim (Marilyn) Novak's birthday and she is 76 years young, but would pass for twenty years younger.

I vaguely recall her being on Falcon Crest during the 1986-1987 season, but that was a show my parents watched. I truly become a fan of hers during the Vertigo re-issue after it was restored in 1995. Truly a beautiful movie! It is my all-time favorite movie. I'm not sure what I find so fascinating about her, but my interest has grown over the 13 years since I saw Vertigo.



These days, she lives in Oregon with her husband of almost 33 years, raises llamas, and tend to her daily affairs. I hope to meet her someday or perhaps even work with her on a movie. That is if I can write a screenplay that she would feel worth coming out for. Stay tuned!

You can't go wrong with any of her movies, but several ones I would recommend in addition to Vertigo are The Man With The Golden Arm, Picnic, Kiss Me, Stupid, and The Legend of Lylah Clare which is campy, but not as bad as most people have made it out to be.

I think I most admire Kim not for her movies or her physical beauty, but for the fact she is a survivor. Especially having lived in the pressure cooker known as Hollywood, she is living proof that there is life after the glory and fame are over. Most people have never been able to come to terms with this, especially child actors. You should always follow your heart and not allow peer pressure to dictate how you live your life.

No comments: