Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Follow Your Dreams

Lately, I've underwent a renewal of sorts regarding my future and career choices. Ten years ago, I graduated from college and worked for about four years in television primarily behind the scenes such as a production assistant, camera operator, handling special media formats for web based applications, etc...

Then in late 2001 during the midst of the dot.com bubble burst, I went through a layoff. From there, I went from one job to another, so on and so on. Life can be like that. To make a long story short, I've been sending out letters to the General Managers of NFL teams as opposed to the human resources department and actually getting some responses although no job offers...yet. I even received a letter from Tom Osborne (yes, that Tom Osborne) about a week after I mailed him a letter. Talk about timely!

There is a young woman, named Christie who is graduating from high school this May (actually K-12 enrollment of around 600 in a a town of around 1,000) who dreams of going to Nashville although not sure what specifically she wants to do... yet. I know her from covering several foot ball games back in 2006. Will these dreams be achieved? Only time will tell with hard work, making the right connections, being in the right place at the right time and prayer plus God's will.

So with that in mind, I present you this inspiring video from Miranda Lambert:

Famous In A Small Town

No comments: